Audio Notetaker can read back any text you have in either the Reference or Text panes or you can send the audio created direct to your Audio Pane so that you can work with it in the usual way.
- Clicking on the Speak button will read out the text in the Text or Reference Pane (wherever the cursor is) and only the current section (Ctrl+Shift+O).
- Click the Speak button again to stop. The cursor will be moved the the last word spoken so that you can easily resume listening (Ctrl+Shift+O).
- On the drop down menu you can choose 'Speak All'. This will read everything in your Reference and Text Panes (only the visible panes) starting at the first section. You can stop speaking by pressing the Speak button, but you cannot resume from the point at which you stopped.
Send Text to Audio Pane
You can send the TTS audio direct to the Audio Pane. You can send your whole project (only visible panes) or a specific section (specific Pane).
- Click on the dropdown arrow and choose 'Send Text to Audio Pane' - This will send the current Pane and current sections text to your Audio Pane (you will get shaded chunks).
- Click on the dropdown arrow and choose 'Send All Text to Audio Pane' - This will send all the text from the visible panes to your Audio Pane (you will get shaded chunks).
You can adjust the voice used and speed of speaking; Click on the dropdown arrow and choose Speech Settings to open Windows own settings dialog. You can choose any of the voices from the dropdown menu and set the speed of speaking.
Note that not all 3rd party voices are compatible.
Due to a bug in Windows a small amount of memory is leaked during the TTS process - you will recover this memory when you reboot your computer.