This is the key functionality of Audio Notetaker and for most people, the most useful.
- Import your audio file. We support all common audio formats.
- Whilst it imports you will see the audio chunks appearing in the Audio Pane. If you indexed the recording, you will have a new section for each index mark.
- Fill in the Title, Topic and Speaker in the Tagging Fields at the top right of the screen.
- If you don’t already have sections, try to add some at the point the topic of the talk changes. Add a small amount of text in the Text Pane to describe each section. This is useful for when you come back to it later.
- You may find it useful to use the colouring tools. If any chunk seems particularly important, mark it using the colouring options on the Audio Side Bar. Similarly if any section seems important, colour it.
- If you’re sure parts of the recording are not needed, select either audio chunks or whole sections and delete them.
- When you’re finished, use the save button on the top left of your screen or App Menu>Save As to save the recording as an Audio Notetaker Project.